- Sultan Ahmet Mosque (next to it is the Arasta Bazaar)
- Aya Sofya
- Suleimaniya Mosque
- Dolmabache Palace
- Beyzit Mosque
- Topkappi Palace (must visit for Muslims)
- Bosphorous Cruise
- Grand Bazaar (don’t buy anything from here coz everything is overly priced especially the carpets and kilims)
- Spice Bazaar
- Galata Tower (we had give this one a miss coz it meant going wayyyyyy uphill and then climbing 100s of steps...not possible with a toddler in tow)
- Kora Church
- Hodja Pasha Cultural Center Dance Show (http://www.hodjapasha.com/) ...a must watch!
- Proper Baby Carrier: Make sure you carry a proper sturdy stroller with you, preferably with a storage basket, and especially a rain cover.
- Baby/Kiddy Sunglasses: are a must.
- NO Elevators: In most of the hotels closer to the tourist spots there are NO elevators so be ready to climb stairs.
- Don’t Worry about Excess Weight on Domestic Flights: Though the domestic flights have a max weight policy, we were lucky that the people at ATLAS JET did not charge us a penny for extra weight. Allow me to mention that our extra baggage weighed 50% extra of what is allowed
- Always carry extra WATER, crisps, chocolates, candies with you while trotting around Turkey.
- If renting a car online, make sure to get yourself a baby car seat. Our friends who travelled last year actually took one of their own ones from here. But we simply got the rent-a-car company to provide one.
- Carry your own GPS – we borrowed one from our friends and my husband had entered all the coordinates for the hotels and places we were going to visit from here which made ALOT of difference while travelling by road. P.S - Make sure to find out where the nearest hospital or clinics are wherever you choose to stay. Trust me it helps.
Truly hope this post is useful for those travelling to Turkey anytime soon. Least to say, we'll be back in Turkey for more. It's got a lot to offer.
|Turkish Ceramic Crafts|
|The Hodja Pasha Cultural Dance Show|
|Stunning Oludeniz Beach|
|Theater of Pergamon - Steepest Theatre in the World (that's me there with my girl)|
|Sultan Ahmet Mosque|