Tuesday, April 27, 2010

FINALLY!!! An airport in/close to Makkah

I can’t seem to hold my excitement no more. Not to mention I couldn’t BELIEVE the news. I mean finally after all this time the Saudi government thought of this! Not that 45 minutes to an hour’s drive time from Jeddah to Makkah is too long, or that any pilgrim would complain about a journey being made for Allah. But still I’m sure it will make a difference, atleast to all the elderly and senior pilgrims.

Then again, it now makes more sense to have an airport in or closer to the city that will house the 2nd tallest building (Mecca Royal Clock Tower) in the world. Correct?

Anyways, though they haven’t yet given a start and end date for the project I’m just content with the thought that it’s happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment